Purpose of plastic caissons
Designed for well bindings, underground storage facilities, switching pipes and cables and can also be used as a storage tank for solids and liquids that require storage at a constant low temperature.
Korsu caissons are designed to operate underground, where they “work” under the very difficult conditions. They are subject to external loads: ground pressure and hydrostatic pressure of groundwater, but, nevertheless, they are well designed and stand such conditions easily.
The Korsu caisson consists of a working chamber, a working chamber base, a working chamber ceiling, a throat for an access to the working chamber and interior fittings.
The working chamber has the shape of a vertical cylinder of different diameters mounted on a flat base. The wall of the working chamber is made of a homogeneous polypropylene copolymer of 8 mm thick by contact welding method. The two-layer base of the working chamber is made of polypropylene slabs with developed external machining of 80 mm total thickness and in some models with a layer of homogeneous polypropylene copolymer of 8 to 10 mm of thickness.
Overlapping work chamber is made of homopolymer of expanded polypropylene 8-10 mm thick, reinforced with connecting elements. A cylindrical throat is installed on the overlap. The base and the overlapping of the work chamber are welded to the work area by extrusion welding.
Cutting of parts and the most important welded knots is done by a special automatic welding machine.
Electrical establishments which are installed directly inside the Korsu must meet the requirements of CN and EN and must be protected from moisture.
The walls of the caisson are reinforced with horizontal collars. The internal caisson device is designed to operate under high humidity conditions.
The part of the caisson is an entry ladder.
Upon personal consultation, we can make extraordinary modifications to the caisson. We can change anything in our products, but only on the condition that the resulting product improves.
The product is not subject to mandatory certification.
Loading, transporting and unloading the Korsu must be done with caution. Impacts during loading and unloading are not allowed. When transporting, it is allowed to have the caisson horizontally inside the car. The attachment of this device in transport must be done with care, excessive force may not be used which may cause deformation of the product’s body.
It is advisable to load and unload the product into a borehole using a crane.
Korsu is delivered in a ready-made condition, the interior fittings and optional equipment can be fixed at standard locations or packaged separately.
How to install the Korsu caisson:
- Prepare a foundation pit of the specified dimensions. When installing standard equipment, the trench’s depth should be 250 mm smaller than the caisson height and 500 mm wider and longer than the dimensions of the device.
- Place the product on a compacted even base. It is recommended to fill the sand layer below the base.
- Make sure that the caisson is located vertically in the foundation pit.
- In the case of installation of a caisson in a section with a high level of groundwater, or in the case of installing a caisson in a dense clay soil, anchor plates and cables should be used to further protect the equipment from pushing it to the surface by groundwater or water coming from the surface into the cement-sand casing of the caisson (We recommend you to use a set of plastic anchor sheets manufactured by Kolomaki). Lay out and fix the anchor plates in accordance with the installation scheme.
- Fill the cavities between the caisson and the ground with sand and dry concrete in a 4:1 or 6:1 ratio (depending on the soil conditions). Pour a layer of cement-sand mixture in 200-300 mm, then fill the caisson with water to the same level. Repeat the described operations until the cavities are completely full and until the water level of caisson reaches the base of the neck. Easily squeeze the soil around the perimeter of the caisson without the use of machines.
- Drain the water from the device by a pump not earlier than 7-14 days after installation.
- Wipe the caisson inner space with a dry tissue.
- Insert the electrical cable through the cable gland.
Recommendations for using
- The Korsu caissons are made of the wear-resistant plastic that is not prone to rot and oxidation. Walls and shelves of the cellars do not require a special treatment.
- During operation, the surfaces can be cleaned from contamination by gentle cleansing means.
- Use a ladder or stairs with caution and hold both your hands on crossbars.
- When loading or unloading a variety of goods and materials – be careful, do this work with another person.
- Do not throw heavy objects at the bottom to avoid damaging of the caisson bottom.
- The inner space of caisson may precipitate water on the walls due to the temperature difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures. In this case, it is necessary to wipe the walls with rags.
Lifetime and warranty period for Korsu Caisson
The lifetime of the plastic parts of the caisson is at least 25 years. The guaranteed life of the caisson is 5 years from the moment of installation (in case of absence of marking in the warranty booklet – 5 years from the moment of selling).
The warranty does not apply to defects caused by failure to comply with the instructions during installation, mechanical damage, and damage resulting from self-installation.