The practical cellar Kellari 5 is designed specifically for people who think about the future. Twelve large shelves, around the perimeter, make up nearly 8 m2, giving you up to 5 m3 of useful volume for storing semi-finished products and harvest storing. The inflow and outflow of air will create ideal conditions for long-term storage.
The production of Kellari 5 cellars is done according to European standards and according to the much stricter DVS protocols of the German Welding Association.
The main material of the cellar is a homogeneous polypropylene. Unlike polyethylene which is deformable by static loading, Czech polypropylene perfectly holds the form, ensures the strength of the welded seam at 98% of the initial strength and has a more aesthetic look.
The Kellari 5 cellar is made in the form of a cylinder. In addition, the body is reinforced by an internal reinforcing frame – a profiled shelf lying on a vertical profile. The cylindrical form significantly exceeds the strength of the rectangular tank.
The bottom of the Kellari 5 vault is subjected to a maximum load due to groundwater pressure (up to 3 atm) and is therefore made of an 88 mm thick cell structure.
Due to the calculated design of the cellar, Kellari 5 does not require concrete protection during installation and can be fixed in the ground with a simple anchorage.
Equipment of the Kellari 5
Every cellar has everything you need:
- A working chamber with a height of 1.8 m and a diameter of 1.9 m.
- Convenient inclined aluminum ladder.
- Two vertical rows of shelves for storage of jams, vegetables, fruits, horticultural material, etc.
- One rack for wine bottles.
- Natural air circulation system by ventilation.
- Illumination and a socket.
|Overall dimensions (diameter / height) (mm):||2000/2232|
|Storage chamber dimensions (diameter / height) (mm):||1900/1800|
|Storage chamber volume (m3)||4|
|Throat dimensions (diameter / height) (mm):||730/1200|
|Number of shelves||12|
|Number of wine / bottle stands||1|
|Lighting 12 V||yes|
|The bottom thickness is 88 mm||yes|
|Covers for ventilation ducts||yes|
|Additional equipment:||Anchor sheets (2 pcs.) + Rope|
|Sheets dimensions (mm):||1000 * 1500|
|Weight of each sheet (kg):||12|
|Rope length (m):||12|
The vents used must have a cross-section of at least 100 mm. Ventilation ducts must be free of bends and horizontal sections and placed on the roof above the ridge of the building. The supply line should be at least 300 mm above the ground. When installing a cellar outside the building, it should be possible to achieve the maximum height difference between the inlet and the air outlet.
The power supply must be stabilized and should not deviate from the norm by more than 10%.
The cellar’s electrical system requires a regular inspection (at least once a year) by a qualified electrician.
Lifetime and warranty for a plastic cellar
The lifetime of the plastic parts of the cellar is at least 25 years. The guaranteed life of the basement is 5 years from the moment of installation (in the case of not marking in the warranty booklet – 5 years from the moment of the selling).
Recommendations for use
- Kellari cellar is made of wear-resistant plastic which is not prone to rot and oxidation. Cellar walls and shelves do not require the special treatment.
- During operation, the surfaces can be cleaned from contamination by gentle cleansing means.
- Use a ladder or stairs with caution and hold both your hands on crossbars.
- When loading or unloading a variety of goods and materials – be careful, do this work with another person.
- Do not throw heavy objects at the bottom to avoid damaging the bottom of the cellar.
The Kellari cellar is supplied in a ready-made condition, the set of interior equipment and optional equipment can be fixed at standard locations or packaged separately.
How to install the Kellari cellar
- Prepare a foundation pit of the specified dimensions. When installing standard equipment, the trench’s depth should be 250 mm lower than the cellar height and 500 mm wider and longer than the cellar base.
- Place the cellar on a compacted even base. It is recommended to fill the sand layer below the base.
- Make sure that the cellar is located vertically in the foundation pit.
- If the cellar is installed in a location with a high level of groundwater, it is recommended to use a set of plastic anchor sheets manufactured by Kolomaki. Place and fix the anchor sheets according to the wiring diagram.
- Fill the cavities between the cellar and the ground with sand and dry concrete in a 4:1 or 6:1 ratio (depending on the soil conditions). Pour a layer of cement-sand mixture in 200-300 mm, then fill the cellar with water to the same level. Repeat the described operations until the cavities are completely full and until the water level of Cellar reaches the base of the neck. Easily squeeze the soil around the perimeter of the cellar without the use of machines.
- Connect the ventilation duct to the nozzles located on the ceiling of the cellar’s working chamber.
- Drain the water from the cellar (not earlier than 7-14 days after installation).
- Connect the cable which supplies the voltage from the external power supply to the luminaire. Switch on the external controller and check the light function. The above work should be performed by an electrician with the appropriate level of qualification.
- Wipe the cellar’s inner space with a dry tissue.
Schemes for installation of the Kellari 5 cellar
External power connection
Connect the external power supply and the appliance to the control unit. It should be done by an electrician with the appropriate level of qualification.
Adhere to safety regulations!
Protect the power circuit of the RCD (residual current device).
Kellari 5 cellar
- From the control unit bring the cable of power 220V. The cable should be cooper and multi-strand, with a cross-section at least 3*0,75. In the cellar, lead the wire into the socket by an electro-gland (see diagram). Illumination of the cellar – portable lamp for 220V.
- Open the socket cover and plug in the socket:
to contact № 1 – working zero (N);to contact № 2 – protective earth (PE);
to contact № 3 – connect the phase (L).
- Close the socket cover.
- Bring the electrical power 220V.