Purpose of the cellar
Kellari cellars are designed to be used as storage tanks for food and liquids at constant low temperatures, for the placement of technological and other facilities in a closed chamber below the ground level.
Kellari cellars are very strong underground structures, which can not be damaged by uniform soils pressure and groundwater.
Description and specifications of the product
The Kellari Сellar consists of a working chamber, the basis of the working chamber, the working chamber ceiling, the throat for an access to the working chamber and the interior fittings.
The working chamber has the shape of a vertical cylinder of different diameters mounted on a flat basis. The working chamber wall is made of a homogeneous polypropylene copolymer of 8 mm thick due to the contact welding method. The two-layer base of the working chamber is made of polypropylene sheets with developed external machining of 80 mm total thickness, and in some models with a layer of homogeneous polypropylene copolymer of 8 to 10 mm thickness.
Overlapping work chamber is made of homopolymer of expanded polypropylene 8-10 mm thick, reinforced with connecting elements. A cylindrical throat is installed on the overlap. The base and the overlapping of the work chamber are welded to the work area by extrusion welding.
Profiled shelves, ventilation tubes, and wine racks create an internal frame together to eliminate external loads. The shelves and the ventilation tubes are connected to each other and to the basement corps by means of a heat gun.
The indoor unit is designed to operate under high humidity conditions and does not require a special treatment.
The user enters the cellar by stairs or by an aluminum ladder fastened with brackets or freely installed on special handles to prevent slipping and movement.
Cutting of parts and the most important welded knots are done by the automatic CNC machines.
A 12-volt electrical appliance is located directly inside the Kellari cellar and is designed to be safe in line with EE and protected from moisture.
Several models of Kellari cellars are equipped with a socket and a lighting with a rated voltage of 220V. The electrical conductor of such cellars must be protected by an automatic switch and the residual current device (RCD).
Serial models of the plastic cellars
The serial Kellari cellars are available in several versions:
- Kellari 2
- Kellari 5
- Kellari 7
For placement of cellars, the use of attachments with a total height not exceeding 600 mm is permitted. If the cellars are deepened, it is necessary to make the concreting with a minimum layer of 200 mm.
On top of that, extra cellar adjustments are made.
The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to manufactured products which do not harm their consumer properties.
Products are not subject to mandatory certification.
Transporting and installation of the cellar
The handling, transporting and unloading of the Kellari cellars should be done with caution. Impacts during loading and unloading are not allowed. In the transit process is allowed to have a cellar in the car horizontally. When fixing the cellar during transporting, it must be done with care, it is not allowed to use excessive force which can lead to deformation of the body of the product.
It is recommended to load and unload the cellar using the crane.
The Kellari cellar is supplied in a ready-made condition, the set of interior equipment and optional equipment can be fixed at standard locations or packaged separately.
How to install the Kellari cellar
- Prepare a foundation pit of the specified dimensions. When installing standard equipment, the trench’s depth should be 250 mm lower than the cellar height and 500 mm wider and longer than the cellar base.
- Place the cellar on a compacted even base. It is recommended to fill the sand layer below the base.
- Make sure that the cellar is located vertically in the foundation pit.
- If the cellar is installed in a location with a high level of groundwater, it is recommended to use a set of plastic anchor sheets manufactured by Kolomaki. Place and fix the anchor sheets according to the wiring diagram.
- Fill the cavities between the cellar and the ground with sand and dry concrete in a 4:1 or 6:1 ratio (depending on the soil conditions). Pour a layer of cement-sand mixture in 200-300 mm, then fill the cellar with water to the same level. Repeat the described operations until the cavities are completely full and until the water level of Cellar reaches the base of the neck. Easily squeeze the soil around the perimeter of the cellar without the use of machines.
- Connect the ventilation duct to the branch pipes located on the ceiling of the cellar’s working chamber.
- Drain the water from the cellar (not earlier than 7-14 days after installation).
- Connect the cable which supplies the voltage from the external power supply to the luminaire. Switch on the external controller and check the light function. The above work should be performed by an electrician with the appropriate level of qualification.
- Wipe the cellar’s inner space with a dry tissue.
Ventilation and power requirements:
The used vents must have a cross-section of at least 100 mm. Ventilation ducts must be free of bends and horizontal sections and placed on the roof above the ridge of the building. The supply line should be at least 300 mm above the ground. When installing a cellar outside the building, it should be possible to achieve the maximum height difference between the inlet and the air outlet.
The power supply must be stabilized and should not deviate from the normative by more than 10%.
The cellar electrical system requires regular inspection (at least once a year) by a qualified electrician.
Lifetime and warranty for a plastic cellar
The lifetime of the plastic parts of the cellar is at least 25 years. The guaranteed life of the cellar is 5 years from the moment of installation (in case of absence of marking in the warranty booklet – 5 years from the moment of cellar selling).
Recommendations for using
- The Kellari cellars are made of the wear-resistant plastic that is not prone to rot and oxidation. Walls and shelves of the cellars do not require a special treatment.
- During operation, the surfaces can be cleaned from contamination by gentle cleansing means.
- Use a ladder or stairs with caution and hold both your hands on crossbars.
- When loading or unloading a variety of goods and materials – be careful, do this work with another person.
- Do not throw heavy objects at the bottom to avoid damaging of the cellars bottom.